Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their Accountancy team in Fareham
Page Personnel is partnering with a successful business who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their Accountancy team in Fareham
Accounts Assistant - Fareham
- Setting up and maintaining customer accounts on sales ledger in accordance with company standards to include correct legal entity, Standard Industry Code categories and credit terms up to agreed authority levels.
- Detailed preparation, administration and filing of sales ledger invoices and work tickets in accordance with the needs of the customers.
- Assisting in month end management reporting procedures to the Team Leader and depot staff.
- Tidy up of old and unused accounts.
- Provide support to the credit control function.
- Provide cover for all other roles within the invoicing and purchase ledger function.
- Adhoc requests as of when required.
- Sort through all incoming mail, distributing and actioning as appropriate.
- Number and batch supplier invoices ready for keying into ERP system.
- Accurately post invoices onto system.
- Generate weekly and monthly BACS runs and send remittances to suppliers once payment has been made.
- Check supplier statements against the system and request copies of any missing invoices.
- Undertake filing and general administrative tasks as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Good general computer literacy.
- Friendly telephone manner and customer service attitude.
- Previous administrative work experience required, work in finance department desirable.
- Accurate and precise working and attention to detail.
- Forward looking, inquisitive and interested attitude.
Salary £18,000 - £20,000