As Head of Commercial Finance you will work with and support operational leaders in ensuring accurate business reporting, strong budgetary control, as well as identifying growth opportunities.
Having recently secured private equity investment in addition to building a World Class Board of Directors, our client will, over the next few years, expanding through both organic growth and M&A.
- Work with and support operational leaders in ensuring accurate business reporting, strong budgetary control, and identification of growth opportunities.
- Maintain and develop key group forecasting models covering the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow.
- Capture key P&L inputs to improve the robustness of the group's forecasting including proactive collaboration with Group Finance to conduct variance analysis, understand key drivers and analyse the impact of these.
- Consolidate, report and analyse the annual group budget as well as working closely with the divisional finance teams to ensure this is built correctly from the 'bottom-up' as well as being sensible from the 'top-down'.
- Report actuals vs rolling forecast delivered to Senior Management, which will involve collaborating with divisional finance teams to conduct variance analysis, understand trends and real-time analysis.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting cycles including timetable management, presenting to management, preparing supporting board papers and disseminating targets across the business
- Present reports on performance and forecasts to the directors, colleagues and private equity owners
- Attend monthly board meetings to present key findings on key trading areas to ensure business meets its objectives
- Supporting M&A activity including due diligence, creating business cases, integrating businesses post acquisition and performing post-investment reviews
- Input into commercial bids & tenders as well as negotiations with customers
- Driving contract profitability through analysis, performing root cause analysis and providing recommendations
- Highly analytical and inquisitive qualified accountant (CIMA / ACA / ACCA)
- Strong academics with a minimum 2.1. BSc/B.A. (Hons) degree or higher.
- Excellent Excel skills including building models and experience of using ERP/accounting systems is desirable.
- Strong desire to understand what drives the numbers.
- Strong communicator who is analytical, accurate, and detailed.
- Confident and calm under pressure.
- A self-starter who is proactive and takes ownership of workload from start to finish.
- Resilience, flexibility, and a willingness to be 'hands on' are all important personal characteristics.
Excellent salary and benefits package, flexible / hybrid working capability, and progression opportunity.