My client is a fast-growing renewable energy company committed to developing, building, and operating innovative renewable energy hubs. They offer an integrated approach to renewable energy development. With services across the life cycle of any project including planning advisory, project rights development, asset management and operation.
You will be joining a business during a significant and exciting period of growth and development, and we are looking for someone with a desire to progress their long-term career with the business. In this role you will lead a team responsible for the provision of an expert financial management service and high-quality financial management reporting to all the companies in the group.
You will support the Head of Finance and Shared Services in the delivery of the finance team's objectives, assuming responsibility for the delivery of a range of tasks.
The Financial Controller's key responsibilities will be to:
- To lead and manage the finance team in the production of high-quality financial management information for a portfolio of companies, ensuring all financial reporting is of a high standard, accurate, timely and robust.
- To ensure the quality of the financial reporting through review of information produced by the team, including finance reports and budgets, and to support the team with the development and reporting of this information.
- Provide support to the Head of Finance and Shared Services to further develop financial policies and procedures to ensure that systems and working practices are optimal, capable of supporting the growth in the business and are being adhered to.
- To ensure compliance (including debt covenants and tax) is met across the portfolio of companies.
- To support the Head of Finance in providing financial, tax and commercial structuring analysis of projects and the portfolio as a whole, together with external advisers.
- To manage the year-end process for the portfolio of companies and provide assistance to the team to ensure the timetable is met.
- To lead on assigned finance or company-wide projects and improvement initiatives.
- To identify opportunities for information or quality improvements within the wider Innova business, supporting the Head of Finance to ensure every opportunity is taken to develop and enhance the provision of an expert Financial Management service.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Qualified chartered accountant with five plus years post-qualified experience
- Strong technical accounting background in practice or industry.
- Can demonstrate a continuous improvement approach to processes and systems.
- Understanding, background or interest in renewable energy or related field, and the ability to work in a high-growth business.
- Staff management experience including recruitment, objective setting, appraisals and managing performance.
- Inspiring confidence and developing effective working relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues.
Skills and Competencies
- Proactive approach to problem solving and capacity to take the initiative.
- Strong technical accounting and tax knowledge, and commercial acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and sound analytical ability.
- Collaborative team worker, ready to offer support and respond to ad-hoc requests from colleagues.
- Self-motivated, proactive approach and results orientated.
- Comfortable working on a variety of projects and tasks in a fast paced and growth environment, with an adaptable and flexible approach to ad hoc requests.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.