Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Registrar supports learning by planning, organizing and managing all activities related to the Office of the Registrar, including serving as the official authorized keeper of Aurora University's student records.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage accurate and efficient collection, recording, maintenance and reporting of academic records of both current and former students of Aurora University; academic records include attendance, grades, registration data, transcripts, athletic eligibility, etc.
- Manage access to and use of such records to ensure security and privacy in compliance with the Family Rights and Privacy Act.
- Manage efficient scheduling of courses into time blocks, room assignments and generation of term course listings. Assist with preparation of academic catalogues.
- Facilitate effective and efficient student registration in both the Colleague and Student Planning systems. Maintain class rosters and final grade reports.
- Manage student petitions and course substitution waivers for exemption from institution's regulations and requirements. Manage collection and maintenance of student attendance, leave of absence and withdrawal records.
- Counsel and advise students, faculty and staff on academic matters. Interpret and enforce academic standards. Manage academic integrity violations and dismissals for poor scholarship.
- Manage articulation of transfer credits, graduation and certification of degrees; enrollment and degree verification; and production of official transcripts and diploma.
- Assists in preparation for and participation in commencement ceremonies.
- Prepare and submit reports of student enrollment or academic programs to federal, state and private agencies as required, such as SEVIS.
- Lead identification and implementation of process, procedure and technology in support of enhanced efficiency and effectiveness of the Office of the Registrar.
- Manage, train and evaluate staff of the Office of the Registrar.
- Manage budget for Office of the Registrar.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in Registrar office; at least 3 in a managerial role.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague, Student Planning and Transfer Evaluation System (TES).
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with a diverse population of students, parents, faculty, staff.
- Positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to utilize basic office equipment, i.e. computer.
- Ability to move around campus.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.