Commercially astute accountant required!
Your new company
Business based near IKEA in Bristol require a commercially astute Finance Business Partner
Your new role
- To provide finance support to the Operations Performance Managers and support the wider finance team. The team provides a comprehensive management accounting service to the Operational managers, the Executive and the Board, with particular emphasis on financial control and performance improvement.
- To provide a finance business partnering service, ensuring you understand your cost base. Provide regular challenge and review on their cost and provide consistent, timely and accurate management information, including KPI reporting.
- To work with the rest of the finance team and the Project Management Office to ensure that all financial aspects of the Network are well managed.
- Production of the monthly management accounts along with all relevant Balance Sheet reconciliations. This will include posting journals, accruals and pre-payments on SAP and producing monthly and possibly weekly Management information from SAP and other relevant systems.
- Responsible for creating and producing MI associated with internal interfaces and committees.
- Manage large excel models for business initiatives and cost modelling/budgets.
- Suggest and implement improvements.
- Liaise with external suppliers and relevant customers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong accounting skills and accounts experience necessary
- Commercially focused
- Ability to work on their own and confident to ask questions and challenge work
- Ability to re-prioritise workload to meet unexpected deadlines
- Advanced excel skills
- SAP user preferable
- High level of concern for order, quality and delivery to strict deadline
- Strong communication skills required to work with all stakeholders of the business across multiple roles and departments
- Highly numerate and skilled at complex problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expert user of financial systems, SAP experience, strong spreadsheet skills
- Knowledge of non-financial systems, data-processes and activities
- Knowledge of financial policies and procedures.
- Strong presentation skills
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Bonus up to 10%.
Study support if needed.
The chance to work in a commercially orientated fascinating business partnering role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.