Our client is looking for a Payroll Manager to join their Accountancy team in Surrey on an initial 9 month basis
Our client based in Surrey is looking for a Payroll Manager to join their Accountancy team on an initial 9 month basis
Payroll Manager - Surrey
- Provide a high-quality payroll service across the five business units leveraging best practice and working closely with the Finance teams
- Provide leadership to the payroll team (6 people), supporting & coaching team members.
- Ensure the accurate payment of payroll account transactions including salaries, benefits, commissions, overtime, bonus, allowances, deductions, taxes and third party payments.
- Establish monthly payroll reporting and error tracking across all payrolls, with a root cause analysis and resolution plans associated
- Ensure all payrolls are compliant with relevant legislation and internal policies
- Ensure all HMRC reporting is completed accurately and effectively across all payrolls
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
- Ensure the team provide a quality query resolution service to all colleagues
- Ensure all contributory pension schemes, group income protection, group life assurance and salary sacrifice schemes e.g. childcare vouchers, are effectively administered
- Collaborate with People team colleagues, IT support team and accounting teams to ensure that the information sources and data is of the utmost accuracy and that all key stakeholders are furnished with the information they require
- Support the Payroll Project Manager in the development and implementation of the Payroll Transformation plan
- Provide expertise and thought leadership surrounding system design and business rules
- Working with the Payroll Project Manager, develop the end to end payroll controls and governance mechanisms
- Develop the service provision as part of the transformation
- Lead the payroll team through the transition and embed the new ways of working with the team post implementation.
A successful candidate will have experience with the above
Salary circa £65,000 + Benefits
Hybrid & home working avialable