Reporting to the Managing Director, The Financial Controller (FC) will be responsible for the provision of financial information, analysis and advice to the Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team, and for the day to day operations of the Finance Team.
Our client is a successful SME business with large growth plans that they want this role to be a key driving force and influence on.
* Managing all accounting operations
* Coordinating and directing the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts
* Preparing and publishing timely monthly management accounts and Board pack, to include full variance analysis to budget and forecast
* Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
* Ensuring all reporting is compliant with statutory law and financial regulations
* Ensuring compliance with all HMRC requirements
* Documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
* Management of the full working capital cycle (13 week cashflow forecasting, optimal utilisation of any debt finance, robust invoicing, credit control and supplier payment processes)
* Managing the full weekly and monthly payroll processes, including third party deductions
* Motivating and developing the finance team
* Managing the external financial audit process and liaising with external personnel as required
* Contributing fully to the company's financial strategy and decision-making processes
* Presenting reports and results to senior executives, stakeholders and board members
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Previous experience in a Financial Controller or Finance Manager role
- Highly PC literate & skilled with all Microsoft Office Based applications including Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Previous experience within the ECO or manufacturing industries
- Experience of Sage Line 50 Accounting package
An opportunity to join a growing business with lots of opportunity to influence, across both a financial and operational sense. This role will also have the opportunity to grow as the business grows, which will then show a clear path to a Financial Director role.