Stockton on Tees. £30,000 - £35,000 Finance Manager
Your new company
Expanding company based in Stockton with an modern working environment and very supportive culture. Based in a location that requires you to travel by car.
I am delighted to be working with this business as they are,stable , successful and looking to continually grow
Your new role
- Responsible for the management accounts team
- Assets - Reconciliation of asset suspense, additions control, disposals control, depreciation, reconciling register
- Hire Purchase - Accounting for new agreements, allocate monthly interest
- Stocking Interest - Allocation of invoices, reconciliation to our web based forecast. Controlling recharges to customers
- Control of accounts, authorising invoices
- Monthly assessment and provisions for Volume Bonus and other related bonus
- Labour Cost of Sale - Updating weekly the cost of sale for our service department (labour/wages). Monthly journal allocating wages between departments, cost of sale, idle time, non-productive etc
- Stock Audit - reconciliation of month end stock audits to balance sheet running spot checks on stock audits to ensure operational departments in line with accounts
- ONS surveys - various ONS surveys (turnover, capital assets, stock) to be completed on a regular basis
- Overseeing production of monthly management accounts, reviewing anomalies, updating our forecasts etc
- Preparation of monthly management information in format used to submit to bank and other funders
- Preparation of annual reporting to facilitate insurance renewal
- Preparation for sign-off of VAT returns (quarterly), ensuring full compliance with VAT regulations and ensuring all supporting documentation held on file in case of future audits. Submission of VAT return once signed off
- Ensuring compliance with PAYE (in tandem with payroll dept) and other taxes
What you'll need to succeed
- Commercial experience essential
- Must be used to working in a busy and high-pressured environment
- Must be a team player
- IT literacy crucial
- Microsoft Office/Excel experience essential
- Must be experienced and knowledgeable on VAT as they will be responsible for preparing and submitting VAT returns and ensuring compliance.
What you'll get in return
- 35 hour week, Monday to Friday, 9 to 5pm
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays
Enrolled in death in service scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.