This Leading Education and training group are looking to welcome an experienced and confident Head of Credit to join their team in Luton. The successful Head of Credit will be leading 3 teams across credit, payments and billing with 14 direct reports in total. The aspiring candidate will be given the authority to find and solve problems that help to streamline and improve the processes.
This leading Education and training group are based in Luton and are going through an exciting transformation project for which they are needing someone to lead the change process for AR, Billing and credit functions with revenue totalling £100m. With parking on site and great public transport links the management team are stable with a great average length of service allowing for a swift transition into the role. This is a great opportunity to put your own stamp on a developing department within a growing organisation, maintaining high billing accuracy, mentoring new managers while reducing outstanding debt balances and ensuring high cash collections.
Transactional Head of Credit duties and responsibilities;
* Responsible for a department of 14 staff members with five direct reports including AR, Credit and billing
* Responsible for the billing and collection of £100 million annual revenue within the Group.
* Ensuring the Order to Cash process has been implemented and is being adhered to.
* Responsible for integrating two service divisions. Setting cash and debt targets for the group to ensure excellent Working Capital metrics.
* Conducting fortnightly ledger reviews with Accounts Receivable controllers/supervisor and escalating any concerns to the Financial Director.
* Responsible for all projects relating to new billing and upgrades of Sales Ledger modules within the ERP system
* Lead role for any integrations relating to billing and collections for new acquisitions.
* Ensuring weekly and monthly reports on cash collections and billings are being sent to relevant stakeholders.
* Identifying areas for improvement, using innovative solutions and providing leadership to oversee changes and improvements
* Ensuring accrued and deferred revenue relating to the billing team is reviewed and resolved in a timely manner.
* Attending monthly working capital Meetings with CFO, Group FC, CEO, and Head of Treasury.
* Understanding billing processes of the Group and its subsidiaries
* Approving credit notes and cash refunds as part of a DOA.
* Reviewing documentation for any audits.
* Responsible for month end close process and reporting for Accounts Receivable.
* Managing relationships with key stakeholders inside the business including Exec and Board level management.
* Other ad hoc tasks, as needed.
Head of Credit characteristics, experience and skills;
* At least ten years of Accounts Receivable or Credit Management in fast-paced, fast changing environments.
* Experience in managing change through management teams.
* Turnaround/transformations within a Collections / Sales Ledger, Credit Management environment.
* Understanding of different payment mechanisms and allocation methods.
* Intermediate to advanced Excel skills. * Working knowledge of integrations, projects and process changes.
* Experience of presenting to senior stakeholders/board level staff.
* Ability to manage a wide range of stakeholders within a large and complex business.
* The ability to cope with deadlines and prioritise work demands whilst remaining professional and focused.
* Resilient and open to working hard in a very challenging and fast-moving changing environment.
* Friendly, person centred, innovative, positive and empowering
* Adaptable to change in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
* Excellent communication skills and an ability to liaise appropriately with stakeholders and customers at all levels including cross-function Department Managers
Great salary with even better all round package to join an amazing business