State Government department is seeking your help in the auditing of contracts between the organisation and 3rd party contractors.About your new employer
Your new employer is a NSW state government department which is based in Parramatta. The Department is responsible for the organisation of sustainability and development of crucial government-backed projects throughout NSW. About your new job
Reporting to the Senior Auditor, this role will provide assurance that the organisation and external parties it works with are maintaining correct controls and compliance.
Some of the key responsibilities assigned to this role include:
- Undertake risk assessments and develop annual internal audit plans, and lead audits / special reviews.
- Document, evaluate and test manual and automated systems and controls to determine their existence, adequacy, effectiveness and continuity ensuring: the effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- Plan and execute audit assignments in accordance with the Corporation's requirements
- Monitor the status of audit recommendations and appraise the adequacy of follow-up actions taken on audit findings and recommendations.
The successful candidate will closely resemble the following profile:
- 5+ years experience in a similar auditing role.
- Be CPA/CA/CIA Qualified
- Must be an expert with MS Excel (Advanced level)
- Interpersonally, you are a highly motivated individual who can think autonomously and challenge the status quo. You display a passion for your work and thrive when dealing with stakeholders from various areas of the business.