Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From home working to job sharing, go to remote and flexible working to find out more.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom.
- To be eligible for our Finance programme, you’ll need to have or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We’re looking for analytical thinkers and who can overcome a range of challenges. You’ll have first-class communication skills, both written and verbal, and the interpersonal skills to negotiate and challenge as appropriate.
- You’ll also have real initiative and resourcefulness when it comes to your work, with a meticulous approach to problem-solving and attention to detail.
About the programme
Starting your career as a graduate trainee in Finance gives you the opportunity to quickly gain experience and insight into the financial services industry, its products and operations. You’ll work with and learn from respected industry leaders, developing a comprehensive understanding of the impact of the changes happening across the financial services, and what they mean for the bank. There will be a requirement to complete at least one rotation in an alternative location, i.e. London graduates will spend at least one rotation in Edinburgh and vice versa.
We’ll reward you with a starting salary of £31,850 a year. And on top of your salary, you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
This is a three-year programme, where you can look forward to:
- Gaining a Professional Accountancy qualification
- Building a thorough knowledge of the Finance function and the services we deliver through control, expertise, advisory and transactional services
- Developing an understanding of our core activities, such as managing the bank’s balance sheet, reporting on financial performance and developing a long-term financial strategy
- Developing excellent relationship management skills, honed by managing multiple stakeholders from a range of businesses.
About the business area
Our customers expect their money to be well managed. In Finance we tie together all of the financial activity across the bank, allowing us to make, spend, and invest money wisely. It’s our job to manage the bank’s balance sheet, report on our financial performance, and make sure we’re making the right decisions for our customers.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we’ll close the programme to new applications. It’s important to take the time to make sure you’re making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Graduate/Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don’t miss out.