Finance Assistant / Accountancy / Worthing
A recognisable Worthing based organisation are seeking a Finance Assistant on a permanent basis.
As Finance Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Capital Accountant in month end processes, including journal preparation, intercompany postings on the Finance system
- Processing sales ledger invoices, reconciling payments and maintaining clean sales ledgers.
- Managing daily payments, through BACS and assisting with any queries.
- Importing bank statements into accounting system
- Bank reconciliations.
- Processing purchase ledger invoices and checking back to purchase
- Preparing weekly payment runs
- Setting up bank transactions such as transfers and payments for expense claims and one-off
- Identifying intercompany bank transfers
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Previous processing of purchase and sales ledger invoices
- Studying AAT and similar
- Knowledge of excel and accounting software
- Attention to detail with the ability to work in a close knit finance team
£20-22,000 DOE + benefits to include study support