Our client is seeking an immediately available P2P manager for a role based in London. The successful candidate will be managing an accounts payable and procurement team.
This role is responsible for day to day management of the Procure-to-Pay operations for the Agency. This encompasses the end-to-end P2P process starting with a purchase requisition through to procurement operations and accounts payable. The role is solely responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the P2P processes and their compliance with HMG rules and regulations and the Agency's SOPs.
The key responsibilities of the P2P Manager role will include:
- To act as work stream lead for all P2P transactions, ensuring that the P2P team functions are operating effectively, and that robust systems of control are in place
- Manage the Transactional Procurement Team: The Transactional Procurement Team is responsible for the procurement operations managing the procurement side of the Oracle Fusion ERP system. The team processes;
- All Agency purchase orders that need to be communicated to suppliers
- Set up and maintain suppliers on the ERP system including confidential data such as bank account and payment details and they are first point of contact regarding any disputes and queries from suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Set up and manage Purchase Orders to ensure suppliers are provided with accurate supply requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure procurement data is accurately captured to facilitate spend analysis
- Manage the Accounts Payable (AP) Team: The AP team provides financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices, completing payments and controlling expenses. In particular, the team
- Keeps track of staff expense claims (excluding payroll), invoices, vendor statements, etc.
- Pays employees after verifying expense claims
- Pays vendors by scheduling payment runs and ensuring payment is made for outstanding invoices; responds to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Prepares vendor account analyses and monthly reports and supports month-end close activities for the AP ledger, ensuring all ledgers are closed and reconciled
- Ensure the agency comply with HMG Payment standards
- Deputise for the Head of Finance Operations - Provide cover when required to the Head of Finance Operations
To be successful in this role, candidates should have the following experience:
· Extensive experience of Procure to Pay Processes (Purchasing, Contracts, Accounts Payables)
· Experience of leading business change and influencing external stakeholders across an organisation to secure benefits
· Experience of planning and conducting training programmes
· Substantial experience of managing Financial or Procurement Transactions teams with a demonstrable track record of improving performance through technical know-how and analytical skills
· Experience of managing operational teams
· Strong decision-making skills able to demonstrate when and how to change or alter procedures and processes to achieve greater efficiencies and effectiveness
· Strong senior level operational experience with demonstrable experience of improving processes and systems
The role will offer the candidate an immediate start role, a competitive salary and the chance to join a transformative organisation based in London. The organisation will alow candidates to work remotely with the option to work in the office.