To prepare and take ownership of all financial analysis and reporting tasks including month end reporting, group reporting, budgets and monthly forecasts, KPIs and financial data management.
SME manufacturer based in Wolverhampton, part of a wider, global group. A great Management Accountant position offering the opportunity to gain full exposure to the Management Accounts, with a view to progressing very quickly.
As the Management Accountant for the Wolverhampton site you will be responsible for:
1. Preparation of accurate and timely financial reporting in the business to include:
- Management accounts (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow)
- Group reporting schedules
- Monthly productivity KPI reporting
- Monthly utilisation reporting
- Personnel cost analysis
2. Business Partnering with project teams outside of finance in relation to financial aspects of projects in order to understand results, key variances, and projections.
3. Management of a detailed excel file for the monthly re-forecast process including monthly phased forecast information by contract for:
- Labour hours, labour revenue and costs
- Material revenue and costs
- Forecast revenue and costs at completion & percentage complete
- Variance analysis versus actuals
- Forecast summary information Reporting to parent company
4. Oversight of various monthly management reports with explanations for variances to inform the monthly accounts, including:
- Gross margin and standard margin analysis by contract
- Headcount analysis and charts
- Direct hours analysis
- Direct and indirect labour cost analysis
5. Preparation of payroll calculations for input to the monthly payroll data
6. Month end excel based calculations and tasks including:
- Prepayment calculations
- WIP analysis
- Overhead reports for budget holders
- Revenue recognition calculations in line with accounting policies
- Management of order book records
- Machine hours analysis
- Monthly cash flow variance reports with explanations for variances
- Monthly invoicing profile by project
7. Various other finance department activities as required
- Qualified Management accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with manufacturing (preferably) experience.
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage large volumes of data accurately and efficiently.
- Experience of regularly meeting management reporting deadlines.
- Ability to summarise key information in appropriate format for stakeholders.
- High level of drive and self-motivation.
- Experience at finding efficiencies in an analytical role.
Up to £45,000