My client in Reading is recruiting for a Part Qualified Management Accountant on a temporary contract. The role will be mainly home working and the ideal candidate will have experience managing monthly accounts on a strict deadline.
A nationwide organisation who are easily accessible, offer flexible working and provide a enjoyable working culture.
- Preparation of management accounts on a monthly basis following a strict timetable in accordance with U.S. and local GAAP
- Support the Finance Managers and look to standardize then improve tasks
- Maintain general ledger accuracy
- Maintain reconciliation schedules for all assigned balance sheet accounts and resolve any unreconciled items within set time period.
- Perform various account analyses, identify and post any required adjusting journal entries.
- Assist in preparation of U.S. monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages.
- Familiarity with internal controls and/or SOX compliance and ensuring all internal controls are followed to achieve a successful SOX audit.
- Streamline and improve back office and finance processes on a continual basis.
- Assist with external & internal audits to ensure all aspects of compliance and control are met.
- Assist with statutory accounts production with responsibility for accurate and timely filings.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes including anti-bribery policy.
- Proactively work to support other members of the Finance team and participate or lead on any adhoc projects.
* High potential part qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with excellent academics.
* Excellent IT skills (Word & PowerPoint) with advanced Excel (basic formulas, pivots tables, "if" statements, lookups as a minimum).
* Must be organised, efficient and enthusiastic, striving to improve processes and encourage positive change across the business.
* Detailed and methodical attitude towards problem resolution to ensure accurate reconciliations are prepared.
* Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems both individually and as a member of a team
* Possess a positive attitude and an outgoing personality
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of SAP would be a huge benefit
* Experience of multicurrency environment would be desirable
* Hands-on approach with the ability to prioritize multi tasks to tight deadlines.
* Ability to travel (ad-hoc) and work flexibly particularly at month, quarter and year end.
- Flexible working to suit the candidate
- Exposure to a variety of the business's entities across different countries
- Enjoyable working culture