This highly Commercial Finance Manager role is the Business Partner to the Operational team, responsible for the accurate reporting of c. £120m of cost per annum. This role leads the team that provide the critical insight into the cost base, challenging the business owners and driving efficiencies. The Finance Manager leads on production of budgets and forecasts for this business area, supports and challenges the non-Finance Teams.
Large PE backed business with growth plans.
- Support and challenge the performance of Operations through the combination of financial analysis and commercial knowledge
- Identify performance issues and support the Leadership Team to develop clear, implementable solutions to address, including monitoring delivery of these
- Demonstrate influence on the Operations management team, and be involved in key decisions
- As Finance Business Partner to Procurement, forecast savings proposals and measure actuals against target. Ensure contractual clauses with suppliers are delivered
- Lead team in delivery of annual budget, plus forecasts with clearly understood variances to actuals/previous forecasts
- Deliver accurate month end results to specified timeline, and be able to explain variances to budget/forecast
- Deliver monthly P&Ls by workshop and work with the operational teams to ensure understanding, agree and monitor actions for profit improvement
- Identify and address concerns with data - being naturally inquisitive and demonstrating initiative is critical
- Train, coach, and line manage a team of 2 - one qualified, one part qualified
- Finance qualification ACCA, CIMA, ACA with significant experience of operating in a time sensitive and challenging environment (or equivalent qualification through experience or other post graduate qualification)
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with a number of stakeholders while building and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team.
- An analytical mind, capable of identifying key trends and performance drivers in large data sets.
- Highly IT literate with an ability to adapt to, interpret and interrogate systems.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and resource to deliver to a challenging timeline.
- Ability to challenge processes, simplify and streamline to obtain the required objective.
- Ability to use initiative to identify and tackle problems to ensure an effective solution is found.
Competitive salary and benefits.