United Utilities provides water and sewage services to seven million people across the North West. It's a big job and a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly for our customers. From operating our pipes and improving water quality, to embracing new technologies and safeguarding the local environment – whether you're in our head office or out on site, there's always plenty going on.
In our finance department, you'll have the chance to work alongside an established finance team of over 120 employees, who have a great track record in delivering strong financial results.
You'll receive a tailored development programme providing insights into a broad range of finance teams within the business, including financial control, internal audit, taxation, investor relations, treasury and economic regulation.
Don't worry, you won't be going it alone. Mentors, managers and graduate buddies will support you as you study towards your CIMA qualification and work towards your personal development goals.
You'll be rewarded for your commitment with a starting salary of £28,500, a massive 26 days of annual leave every year, which will increase to a maximum of 30 days after four years' service, plus bank holidays. Our fantastic benefits include private healthcare, discounted gym, flexible holidays, and award-winning pension scheme. United Utilities has also been honored by Glassdoor with the Best Places to Work in 2020.
We're looking for enthusiastic graduates to lead the way and help us to meet the challenges of the future.
- As a finance graduate, you'll have the chance to work alongside an established award winning finance team of over 120 employees, who have a great track record in delivering strong financial results.
- The graduate scheme is three years in length in which you are fully supported, both professionally and financially, in obtaining your CIMA qualification whilst gaining hands on financial experience.
- You'll receive a tailored development programme that is specifically aligned to the CIMA professional experience requirements with 3-12 month placements in a range of critical teams across finance all based at our head offices, Lingley Mere, in Warrington.
- It's fair to say no two days will be the same, as you learn how we manage financial risk, implement robust financial controls, maintain good relationships with our investors and manage taxation.
- From specialist training to mentoring and coaching, we'll be with you every step of the way. Managers, mentors and graduate buddies will be on hand to support you through your CIMA studies, help you set personal targets and make sure you're on the road to success.
Knowledge and Skills
Our team has a strong reputation for excellence and our graduates are an important part of that success.
We require our Finance graduates to have a minimum 2:1 degree classification in any discipline alongside 128 UCAS points (or equivalent) from three A levels or equivalent.
You will need to be:
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- An effective leader
- An excellent team player
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Able to work under pressure in a wide range of situations
- Highly organised
- Able to prioritise work
- A keen eye for detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a presentation stage on Friday 10 December and if successful a final interview on Thursday 16 December.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 31/10/21