The Junior Associate is responsible to handle simple accounting or audit assignments related to small and medium sized clients independently, or with minimum support and supervision. Junior Associate are required to achieve performance objectives nine in total for their career development.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Will be responsible to handle simple bookkeeping assignments (of multiple clients simultaneously) end to end, including:
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Provide technical support and advice on Management Accountant
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Liaise with our Financial Manager and Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures
• Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
• Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
• Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
• Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
• Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
• Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
• Secures financial information by completing database backups.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Simple audit engagements.
• Supporting, assistant accountants, in case they face any problems
• 1-2 years
• Part qualified/finalist CIMA/ICMA/ACCA
• Follow up skills
• Fluency in English
• Attention to details
• Strong command over fundamental accounting concepts
• Spoken & Written English KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
• Knowledge in the accounting and reporting systems software
• Knowledge in IAS / IFRS and financial audit standards
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to work as part of a team
• Hard working
• Pleasant personality