JOB TITLE: Accounting Manager
REPORTS TO: CFO
SUMMARY: Manages and coordinates activities and operations of the accounting department and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems for general accounting.
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends economic objectives and policies to management.
- Prepares and analyzes financial and operational reports; prepares reports required by regulatory agencies, banks, investors, and other external parties.
- Coordinates the preparation of corporate budgets and forecasts.
- Manages monthly accounting close cycle; prepares month-end financial statement.
- Reviews and analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Analyzes, reviews, and audits overall general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable systems.
- Creates and implements annual department strategic plan.
- Coordinates year-end audits.
- Maintains and manages department budget.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops accounts payable staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors the quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Directly supervises employees within the Accounting department(s).
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or Masters in Accounting or Finance or equivalent.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate subordinates.
- Proficient in Netsuite/Oracle.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Basic competence in duties and tasks of supervised employees.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.