has an opening for a Staff Accountant
to join our accounting department in Bloomfield, CT.
In this role, you will be a key player in supporting all of the accounting processes for the business.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing process
- Reconcile general ledger accounts while providing accurate and timely researched information, source documents and solutions to problems.
- Prepare standard, recurring and adjusting journal entries, ensuring proper documentation.
- Cash management including recording or reconciling deposits, disbursements, and preparing daily cash and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Fixed asset management, including reviewing CIP to determine when assets go into service, recording depreciation entries, and reconciling the accounts monthly.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting packages for the business, including supporting schedules and preparing key reconciliations.
- Effectively contribute to process improvements to ensure accurate and timely submission of financial results.
- Assist with various accounting projects requiring research, organization, and problem resolution.
- Openly communicate cross functionally and with all levels of management.
- Assist with testing of internal controls.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position
- 3 years of experience in accounting.
- Experience in Microsoft Great Plains a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Knowledge of accounting principles in accordance with US GAAP.
- Experience with internal controls helpful.
- Some travel may be required.
Benefits and Company OverviewOur comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Financial analysis
- Analytical thinking
- Computer skills (strong Excel)
- Problem solving
- Open to change
- Communication (writing, speaking, listening)
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Ability to make process improvements
- Team work
Kaman Distribution Group
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
is comprised of three business units: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP #KIT #KAI