Full-Time or Part-Time Opportunity
Office Locations: Philadelphia, PA—New York, NY—New England—Washington, DC—Princeton, NJ—Delaware—Texas/Louisiana—Arizona/New Mexico—Anywhere, USA (serves the rest of the continental US)
Your Part-Time Controller works with nonprofits because they do good deeds for society. Our employees feel the value in using their accounting expertise to strengthen nonprofits and help them achieve their missions. Do have a similar passion and accounting skills to contribute? Join us!
As a staff accountant you will work with several of our nonprofit clients both on-site and virtually and gain the significant experience that comes from working within multiple organizations. Your work will be challenging and diverse. We want you to grow and succeed and this position offers promotion potential to a controller level position.
Voted one of the Best Places to Work for multiple years. YPTC strives for an environment of trust, support, and education. We've built a culture that values your contributions and recognizes you have a life outside of work. This is why we offer a 35-hour standard work week with paid overtime and no busy season. We are committed to your professional development and we have been voted a Best Place to Work for multiple years.
- Weekly and monthly processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
- Bank account and balance sheet reconciliations
- Grant monitoring and tracking
- Cash flow projections and monitoring
- Preparation for outside audits
- As needed, other responsibilities that support the Controller and Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of related experience that can come from public accounting and/or industry
- Outstanding communication skills and positive attitude
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning, multiple accounting software packages
- Willingness to travel to client offices in and around the metropolitan area
- Nonprofit experience preferred, but not required
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required as a condition for employment
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Full benefits package
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Professional development reimbursement
- Company events and team building activities to promote culture
- COVID 19-conscious work rules and a hybrid work environment
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now or visit our website, www.yptc.com, to learn more about Your Part-Time Controller.