Want to join a company that treat you so much like a part of the family, that they have received a top accreditation for their employment standards? This is no ordinary company - here you will be valued, you will fulfil an essential role, you will be rewarded to a high standard, and you will be encouraged to fulfil your potential through continued learning and development opportunities. (
The Billing Specialist will lead in the production of accurate and timely contract bills. They are also responsible for providing excellent customer service to customers through aftersales care while delivering administrative and analytical support within the Billing Department.
- Ensure customers are billed accurately and within the required timeline
- Conduct bill audits regularly to ensure accuracy and quality of information
- Assist Credit Control Department with payment issues and the resolution of disputes
- Update and maintain contract information
- Liaise with relevant team to ensure contract renewals are processed in a timely manner
- Become conversant with market documentation and licence conditions
- First point of contact for internally to discuss customer billing requirements
- Process siteworks and generate sundry invoices
- Respond to the needs of customers, ensuring a high standard of service is delivered
- Provide consumption reports to customers upon request
- Process VAT and Climate Change Levy rebates, ensuring accurate financial postings
- Assist with annual system updates ensuring customers are on the correct tariffs and that changes are fully communicated
- Assist with tariff reviews, documenting system requirements, test scripts and executing system testing
- Manage suspense accounts and take appropriate actions
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a Billing related role and be familiar with the use of customer CRM databases. They should also possess excellent analytical, communication and IT skills.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths
- Previous experience in a billing role or analytical role
- Experience resolving customer/client queries, with focus on high levels of customer service
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel and able to process large volumes of information quickly and accurately
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work independently
- Proven ability to deal with a heavy workload in a demanding environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to develop productive cross-departmental relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- 3rd level qualification in a scientific discipline
- Knowledge of contract billing arrangements
- Experience in utility industry processes
- 2 years previous relevant experience in a regulated environment
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.