To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our work placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
A Finance placement at Airbus gives you the opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment with real
responsibilities. During the placement, you are treated as a full employee and given as much support as you may need to ensure that the transition from university to working life is smooth.
At Airbus, there is a solid mix of youth and experience, with a large number of interns, graduates and apprentices on-site as well as well-experienced professionals to help guide your career. You are able to develop a good network made up of people with a range of experience levels and who work in all different areas of the business.
There is the opportunity to get involved in activities such as organising charity events, Generation Airbus social events, showing the local community around the site and leading your own projects.
A work placement at Airbus is beneficial for developing 'softer' skills such as presentation, communication and leadership which will be invaluable throughout your career all while maintaining a healthy work-life balance through flexi-time and a Friday half-day allowing you to fit work around your life. There is also the potential to be fast-tracked onto the Finance Graduate Scheme which gives you the chance to live and work around Europe while doing your CIMA qualification.
The Broughton Plant is responsible for manufacturing the plane wings that are then transported via plane or truck to Final Assembly Lines around Europe. Therefore, the finance team in Broughton is responsible for preparing budgets, cost reports and forecasts for each wing type. As a member of the team in Broughton, you are able to see the wings in production around the factory and the Beluga flying in and out several times a day to transport wings which is an amazing sight!
What will you be doing?
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include;
- Month End: Preparing Reports to look at actual costs incurred in the month.
- Updating forecast models using financial programmes such as IFRP and SAP.
- Liaise with the Finance community and the Business Operations team - key stakeholder management.
- Projects aimed at continuous improvement to make the business more efficient.
- Attendance Hours and Hourly Rate Reporting.
- Planning the Finance Team's Christmas Party.
- Engagement in team building activities, assisting in Charity Challenge and helping to organise team events as required.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count!
Please note: Our work placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- You must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the placement, with a keen interest in Accounting & Finance (must have completed a minimum of 2 years).
- Good understanding of Google Suite and its applications, i.e. Sheets, Slides, Docs, or their MS Office equivalents
- Good at Team work
- Ability to work autonomously on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills & communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong academic background
- Demonstrate confidence and Proactivity to drive improvements
- Drive to develop yourself and others
- Logical / analytical approach to problem solving
- Curious to understand why and the bigger picture
- Ability to explain accounting concepts to Non Finance
- Ability to work in accordance with tight deadlines and maintain quality of output
- Some work experience in a Finance capacity would be beneficial (but not essential)
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- £18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.