Financial Accountant job in Melksham
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity to work for a leading Wiltshire based business.
Your new role
You will be supporting the Tax and Statutory Reporting Accountant. Duties will include:
- Supporting the Tax and Reporting Accountant to complete and submit IFRS conversion files to Group company, to meet deadlines.
- Prepare the Statutory Accounts with supervision from the Tax and Reporting Accountant.
- Assist in the preparation of the IFRS accounts with the supervision of the Reporting Accountant and the Financial Controller.
- Support on the preparation and review of the quarterly VAT returns.
- Support the customs team with matters that involve tax duties.
- Provide support to the Business on tax matters in conjunction with the external tax consultants.
- Support with external audit requests
- Management of Audit visits, ensuring auditors receive requested information in timely manner.
- Supporting the business on adhoc projects, such as advising management on accounting impacts, tax impacts, provision of financial models, creating new companies, creating new tax registrations etc.
- Managing and submitting information for foreign tax registrations.
- Adhoc support in financial information provided for external customer projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- ICAEW/ ACCA/CIMA
- Must have an interest in taxation - VAT, PAYE, Corporate Tax and customs topics.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills
- Exposure to SAP is advantageous.
- Attention to detail is essential
What you'll get in return
37 hours per week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.