This Corporation an industry leader in land acquisition, land development, home building, farming, medical education and aviation seeks a Bookkeeper!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Kevin Ross
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $50,000 - $75,000 per yearA bit about us:
This corporation is an industry leader in land acquisition, land development, home building, farming, medical education and aviation. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to ensure data quality, business process efficiency, and operations and financial optimization through the use of computer science and analytics. With a wide variety of specialties in our group, we are always looking to recruit highly talented and motivated individuals to work in an environment that is both caring and gratifying. Our integrity is the cornerstone of our ethos, and we believe it to be the foundation of our success.Why join us?
We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join the Accounting Department. We encourage you to apply if you thrive on working in a team environment, can multi-task, and meet deadlines. The camaraderie within our company fosters personal growth and development.
Under the direct supervision of the Controller, the Bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining financial records and reports and preparing property tax returns. In addition, the Bookkeeper will perform account reconciliations and assist in the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial reporting and year-end tax return workpapers. The individual must be able to work with sensitive and confidential information and possess integrity and honesty.
- Assist with financial statement preparation
- Maintain general ledgers
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Maintain schedules of fixed assets; record amortization and depreciation
- Reconcile inter-company and third-party loans
- Prepare and update accounting schedules
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Manage automated management fee schedule
- Assist our Financial Statement Team with quarterly/year-end close processes
- Serve as a back-up for Famous software phase code/general ledger connections, cost center/general ledger creations/revisions, and trouble shooting
- Serve as a back-up for lease receivables and lease payments
- Prepare annual property tax returns
- Assist with special projects
- Meet deadlines
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function and be willing to take on new roles as needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 5 or more years of bookkeeping experienced preferred
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Famous Software preferred
- Ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly, professional, and proactive manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-entity, and multi-cultural environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and meet deadlines
- Be a team player and communicate effectively.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.