Leads and motivates an accounts payable team to increase departmental accuracy and efficiency. The Accounts Payable Manager provides financial and administrative support by ensuring expenses are processed accurately, timely and according to established policies and procedures. Drives team towards improvement and effectively communicates with vendors and the entire accounting team.WORK PRODUCT:
Responsible for any or all of the tasks related to work products listed below: Utilizes a digital accounting program to review and analyze accounts payable data.Participates in accounts payable month-end close process to maintain an efficient and standardized process for a multi-company organization. Reviews accounts payable input for accuracy and timeliness of invoice payments and provides feedback to the team. Maintains vendor files by performing regular reviews for accuracy.Interacts with vendors regarding past due or incorrect invoices, credits and other payable issues.Oversees Form 1099 and other payable related filings. Reconciles accounts payable sub-ledger to the general ledger. Prepares detailed reconciliations of general ledger account balances as needed.Assists in audits by preparing work papers and providing requested documentation.Other work products as assigned by Controller. SUPERVISION:
Responsible to direct reports for the following: Acts as first level of management for routine questions and transactions.Provides consistent constructive feedback/recognition frequently.Sets a leadership example to ensure direct reports are meeting performance goals and other expectations.Communicating with Controller on performance, plans, and needs of individual direct reports. (Note: Controller is responsible for employment and compensation determinations.) CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/QUALITY:
Responsible for driving improvements throughout the department by: Develop and implement plans to streamline accounts payable processes and avoid/reduce cost by using technology tools and best practices. REQUIREMENTS Education/Experience
: BS in accounting required. Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required. Certifications, Licenses, etc.
: CPA, CMA or CCIFP preferred. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with multiple software programs, including Adobe, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and ERP Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to handle conflicting tasks and problem solving. Critical thinker.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent attention to detail. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, verifies own work to ensure quality work
- Dependable self-starter with solid organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work
- Meets productivity standards within required
- Works well in team
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.