Excellent opportunity for an accountant local to Calabasas, CA to join a growing team with an awesome cause! Great pay and benefits!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Ray Madden
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000 per yearA bit about us:
Based in Calabasas, CA our client is a leading tax credit (LIHTC) firm focused on providing tax credit syndication for the development and financing of affordable housing, multifamily development, and real estate ownership. Founded in 1997 to assist in America's critical need for affordable housing, today they are among the nation's top syndicators and has an unparalleled track record of success.Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Immediate need for an action and detail oriented Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. This position will perform various accounting and financial reporting functions in a multi-entity environment. Essential duties will include but not limited to handling daily transactions and analysis of the activities as well as assisting with financial reporting, tax and audit process. We are looking for a bright individual with strong time management skills, who understands priorities and takes ownership of the tasks.
Prepare journal entries for day-to-day operations, analyze accounts and make necessary adjustments.
Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
Process and record daily deposits, trades, internal/external cash transfers and other cash transactions.
Responsible for the month-end close process, verifying integrity and accuracy of the general ledger, investigate variances, identify and resolve issues. Prepare supporting schedules and record accruals.
Reconcile various bank accounts, monitor cash position and ensure timely correction of transactions and follow up as needed.
Review agreements and financial documents to determine appropriate accounting treatment to record financial and other obligations for each unique entity.
Prepare comprehensive analysis of all monthly activities for assigned entities and perform various reconciliations between the accounting system and other sources to confirm accuracy.
Assist with preparation of quarterly financial statements, and year-end tax/audit process.
Work directly with various staff levels from other departments to resolve multifaceted accounting and reporting issues and problems
Respond to investors' and other departments' inquires.
Assist with processing A/P and other special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is required.
• Minimum 5 years of general accounting experience.
• Intermediate to advanced level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and PDFs.
• MAS 90/200 or Sage100 experience is preferred.
• Must be pro-active.
• Self-starter who takes initiative as appropriate and completes the work.
• Ability to plan and lead projects through to the end.
• Must have strong analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy; highly analytical.
• Great organizational skills and ability to multitask.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
• Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
• A team player, willing to absorb departmental work overflow when required.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.