This Jobot Job is hosted by: Megan Seaford
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:
Real Estate client looking to grow their accounting team due to expansion!Why join us?
- Known to promote within
- Hybrid work schedule w/ mostly remote options
- Competitive compensation package
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, coding, tracking, and general ledger posting of
construction and equity draws for multiple projects. Reconcile project costs to the general ledger
and subsidiary ledgers monthly.
- Process construction pay applications and AIA invoices, analyze billings to confirm contract
scope, budget, terms, and conditions, lien releases and proof of insurance. Also, assist in
processing joint AP checks.
- Reconcile inter-company and project transactions with other affiliated entities.
- Prepare and record journal entries as required for land acquisitions, loan closings, real
estate dispositions, capitalized operating costs, and depreciation expenses.
- Update fixed assets and deprecation records in Sage Fixed Asset software and record
depreciation JEs on both book and tax basis.
- Works with the project management team and identify budget deviations in a timely manner and
record recommended actions.
- Prepares and manages draw packages for property owners and lenders.
- Assist asset management team in preparing annual budgets for all development projects.
- Interprets and abstracts development and operating agreements and loan documents to ensure
compliance with requirements.
- Manage cost allocation and reimbursement process for joint venture development projects.
- Maintain and periodic review of the changes to job cost codes for usage, relevancy, and when any
new product types are developed.
- Assist in software integration with Yardi Job Cost and Yardi Elevate Project Management.
- Assist with special projects related to development or construction projects, including preparing
ad hoc reports and improving and maintaining job cost software.
- Proactively researches and documents conclusions on accounting issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 - 5+ years prior real estate accounting experience
- Experience with Accounts Payable, Job Cost, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Contracts, General
Ledger, and Budgeting
- Previous real estate development/construction experience a plus
- Proficiency in Excel
- Yardi GL and Job Cost experience a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality, and work accurately with a high
degree of attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with others within the
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.