*Bedfordshire* *£30-40 per hour, umbrella*
Internal Audit & Risk supports the Council by providing assurance to management and members on the effectiveness of the Council's internal control environment and acts as an agent for change by making recommendations for continuous improvement. Our work is carried out in accordance with requirements of PSIAS (Public Sector Internal Audit Standards)
• Qualified CCAB/CIMA/CIIA or equivalent you will
• Lead on the provision of assurance and consulting activity and manage audit staff in delivery of their work in accordance with the PSIAS & Audit Charter to support the Annual Audit Opinion.
• Lead investigations, including suspected fraud/other irregularities to the required standard in consultation with the HoIA&R.
• Provide ad-hoc advice to any officer or Member seeking guidance as appropriate.
• Support appropriate training of IA&R staff
• Support HoIA&R to fulfil Risk Management & Counter Fraud obligations
• Support the effective management of the Audit Committee
• Deputy to Money Laundering Officer