The incumbent must be able to work remotely and have adequate and reliable internet connection to conduct work. Work area needs to be suitable, safe, and free from hazard, including the ability to adequately protect private data, protected health information and Federal Tax Information (FTI).
The position can work from MNsure office in St Paul on or after September 7, 2021, either part time or full time. The positon may be required to report to MNsure office as needed.
Manage and direct the agency’s financial management activities, including accounting of revenues and expenditures, federal and state reporting, budgeting, and other related activities for the day-to-day financial operations of MNsure.
- Direct all financial and accounting functions for MNsure so adequate financial reports are established, fiscal controls are maintained, and funds are utilized in the most efficient and effective manner consistent with state and federal laws and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Oversee the financial operations of the agency including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, maintenance of the Public Assistance Cost Allocation Plan (PACAP), loading annual budgets, capital asset management, and state/federal annual reporting.
- Supervise staff.
Five (5) years of advanced professional experience demonstrating the following:
Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications. Please enter your experience in chronological order, including the month and year of employment.
Five years of accounting experience, at least two of the years must be supervisory.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using a database querying application.
- Experience in solving problems based on analyzing data.
- Experience in drafting reports and business correspondence.
- Experience in performing individual or group presentations in order to explain, train, or negotiate.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
***A bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Accounting or related can substitute for one (1) year of experience.
- Experience performing Minnesota State accounting, disbursement, and receivable duties
- Experience in a team lead or supervisory role
- Knowledge of Minnesota State Financial Systems and related policies and procedures
- Knowledge of SWIFT accounting module and state of Minnesota policies and procedures
- Knowledge of federal and state statutes
- Knowledge of good business practice and internal control concepts
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards
- Knowledge of HIPAA and the Data Privacy Act.