Spencer Clarke Group are working closely Central Bedfordshire Counilto provide them a with a Audit Manager to join their team on a Contract Basis!
Internal Audit & Risk supports the Council by providing assurance to management and members on the effectiveness of the Council's internal control environment and acts as an agent for change by making recommendations for continuous improvement. Our work is carried out in accordance with requirements of PSIAS (Public Sector Internal Audit Standards)
- Qualified CCAB/CIMA/CIIA or equivalent you will
- Lead on the provision of assurance and consulting activity and manage audit staff in delivery of their work in accordance with the PSIAS & Audit Charter to support the Annual Audit Opinion.
- Lead investigations, including suspected fraud/other irregularities to the required standard in consultation with the HoIA&R.
- Provide ad-hoc advice to any officer or Member seeking guidance as appropriate.
- Support appropriate training of IA&R staff
- Support HoIA&R to fulfil Risk Management & Counter Fraud obligations
- Support the effective management of the Audit Committee
- Deputy to Money Laundering Officer
- Support and deputise as necessary for HoIA&R.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Matt Byrne-Fraser @ Spencer Clarke group -
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers