A vacancy has arisen for the position of Finance Manager supporting a Gloucester contracts based business, in Brockworth, Gloucestershire.
Key challenges of the role include maintaining effective financial controls, providing high quality financial information, and providing effective business partnering support to the site's leadership team and to the customer.
Who are we?
My client is a leading third-party logistics and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
How will you contribute?
- Creation of weekly management packs (warehouse & customer services)
- Weekly account review meeting with the site management team
- Production of monthly review pack for the monthly contract review meeting
- Production of the monthly pack for review with the HOF
- Production of the annual site operating budget
- Production of reforecasts
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Operation of a side by side open and closed book financial arrangement, identifying and then securing value and delivering excellent service to their customer
- Management of the processes of monthly reporting submissions into Central Finance including non-financial metrics reporting submissions.
- Manage the processes around period-end's in order that all deadlines are achieved. Processing journals etc.
- Review all Balance Sheet accounts on a period basis to ensure all balances are reconciled with appropriate supporting analysis
- Complete payroll reconciliation (including sign off, feedback form, dealing with queries, Kronos management etc
- Build commercial awareness of the contract to be able to develop financial analysis that supports strategy and growth plans.
- Be a key part of the site management team in delivering site initiatives and budgetary targets.
- Attend and participate in regular site meetings such as management meetings and H&S meetings
- Support the Distribution Centre Manager as necessary and working with fellow peers within the site management team
- Debt management
- Audit and risk assessment support
- Responsibility for the Continuous Improvement Plan for the site, and the internal reporting using systems to capture all detail and data
- Submission of annual insurance declarations
- Manage a team of 2 personnel (Receptionist & Finance Assistant)
- Management of the site staff shop finances, including the reconciliation of ad-hoc local spend and petty cash
What will you bring?
- Ideally a qualified accountant or working towards either CIMA or ACCA accreditation
- Demonstrate and possess an excellent and diverse range of PC skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels, providing support across the site and our business
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, and able to work accurately under pressure, plus flexible to the needs of the business during key reporting periods
- Have previous experience of managing a team and to demonstrate skills in developing and motivating a team
- Ability to work under their own initiative as well as part of the management team
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Oracle Cloud solutions, with proficiency in back office and legacy finance systems.
What do they offer?
They really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme ,employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more
Their people are at the core of our business and what makes my client great. That's why we also provide significant opportunities for career development and progression, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.