Since 1925, Federated Fiducial has been providing a variety of business services to funeral homes. Federated supports more than 1300 clients. In size, the clients range from small rural operations to large volume firms conducting more than 1000 funerals annually.
Federated became a part of the Fiducial family in late 2011. Fiducial, founded in France in 1970, is a major provider of financial services (Business Counseling, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Tax Preparation & Advisory Services) to small businesses and their owners. As a trusted advisor to entrepreneurs, Fiducial provides the financial back office infrastructure to clients, allowing them to focus on what they do best: serve their customers.Job Requirements:
The Accountant is an experienced accountant who will be given an assigned book of accounts. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of bookkeeping for their assigned accounts.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Check Entry
- Check Coding
- Bank Reconciliation
- Financial Reporting/Statements
- Sales Tax
- Other Taxes
- 1099 Detailing and Preparation
- Account Review
- Journal Entries
- Year End Review
- ATF/Payroll Taxes
Additionally, this position will be responsible for developing a positive working relationship with the business owner as the point of contact.
- Must be experienced in QuickBooks, Excel and other Microsoft programs including Outlook & Word.
- After-the-fact accounting experience is preferred.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and thoroughly.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail & ability to self-review.
- Must have the ability to communicate with clients and coworkers via email and phone in a professional manner.
- Willingness to learn and take responsibility for work product is essential.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
An Associate's degree in Accounting is preferred, but comparable experience will be considered.