Manager, Revenue Accounting
Lucid is a research technology (ResTech) platform that provides programmatic access to first-party data. With respondents in more than 100 countries, Lucid enables anyone, in any industry, to survey online audiences and get the answers they need. These answers reveal the sentiments, motivations, and behaviors of target demographics – data that can be used to build business strategies, measure the impact of digital advertising, publish research, and more. Founded in 2010, Lucid is headquartered in New Orleans, LA with offices throughout the US, Europe, and Asia.
Lucid seeks a Manager of Revenue Accounting to join our revenue accounting team. The Manager of Revenue Accounting will report to the Director of Revenue Accounting and manage the billing and revenue accounting processes for services and other product lines. The ability to prioritize, identify opportunities for process and system improvements, and drive the realization of those improvements are essential in this role. This is a hybrid contributor and people manager role, with 2 immediate direct reports and further team growth anticipated. The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of GAAP and reporting requirements, and some experience as a supervisor or direct manager of more junior teammates.
This role is available to candidates residing and working remotely in the United States, or from one of our US office locations of NOLA, Dallas, or NYC.
- Oversee the daily and monthly billing, invoicing and revenue accounting processes for services and other product lines.
- Lead the month-end and year-end financial close processes for specific revenue sources.
- Ensure that all required financial data is recorded, reconciled, and disclosed timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP.
- Review and approve accounting transactions and maintain general ledger and fiscal records.
- Develop, train, and manage a small team, cultivating an atmosphere that motivates employees and provides opportunities for initiative.
- Prioritize team tasks to maintain schedules and meet the company’s needs and objectives.
- Collaborate with the accounting team and other business units to accomplish billing and revenue accounting activities and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify process and system improvements and lead efforts to implement those improvements.
- Support the annual financial statement and statutory audits.
- Enhance and maintain internal controls, policies, procedures, and other documentation.
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting and analysis and complete special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration; CPA strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting and 2+ years of leadership experience required; public accounting experience preferred (Big 4 a plus).
- Software as a service (SaaS) or technology industry experience preferred.
- Familiarity with GAAP, internal control over financial reporting, monthly and yearly close processes, and audit facilitation.
- Demonstrated experience with managing and coaching teams to achieve outstanding performance and exercising good judgment to raise relevant issues to leadership.
- Proven ability to foster strong cross-functional relationships and establish productive outcomes.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex accounting concepts, and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Acute attention to detail and strong analytical and organization skills.
- Proficiency in or ability to quickly learn enterprise accounting and customer relationship management software (NetSuite and Salesforce preferred).
- Excellent Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, Xlookups, macros, etc.).
Apply for Manager, Revenue Accounting
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly