Offering extensive benefits, continued career progression, and an open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward. Our teams of professionals will assist you in achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understanding and full support.
Sopher + Co are Accountants and Tax Advisers who make it their business to understand and add value to clients personal and business affairs. We have an excellent opportunity for an Audit Manager or an experienced Senior to provide exceptional accounting, auditing and assurance services to a diverse range of clients.
Role responsibilities for the Audit Manager:
- Managing client audit engagements, including planning executing, directing, and completing financial audits, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Reviewing and preparing financial statements
- Providing strong leadership and co-ordination of the audit team
- Managing, training and mentoring junior staff
- Ensuring audit files submitted for Partner sign off is complete in line with standards and regulations
- Acquiring an understanding of the client's business
- Identifying and developing cross selling and new client opportunities
- Developing strong relationships internally and externally
- Dealing with fee queries and collection of outstanding debtors
- Managing and delegating client work to team members with an appropriate level of capability
- Investigating and providing recommendations for audit review queries, ensuring all relevant action points have been adequately addressed
- Performing other job-related duties as necessary
Requirements for the Audit Manager:
- A Degree in Accountancy or related subject
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Advanced professional accounting and leading audits practice experience
- Experience in identifying key risk areas in the audit planning process
- Experience working with a diverse range of clients
- Be accustomed to documenting systems procedures for complex cycles
- Able to identify key controls for testing and tailoring compliance testing procedures
- Good MS Excel skills, ideally to advanced level
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills and not phased by deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously within a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and motivated
We offer a competitive package including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer.
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.