Director of Tax Planning
Who We Are
In an increasingly complex world where people are starving for someone they can trust, we stand for something simple: always put the client first. We do well by doing good for those we serve. It’s the ultimate measure. We believe in providing value beyond a doubt and in the notion that time will either expose you or promote you, based on your willingness to embrace change.
We serve financial advisors and investors through three entities, each headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska: Carson Wealth, Carson Coaching and Carson Partners. We provide coaching and partnership services to advisor firms – and straightforward financial advice to the investing public. We all share a common mission to be the most trusted in financial advice.
Who We Want
The Director of Tax Planning will build a Tax offering within the Carson Advanced Solutions team to support Carson Group Partners in providing proactive tax planning services to clients of the firm. The Director of Tax will be the key liaison for advisors, our Advanced Solutions Team, financial planners, and our Carson Group Partners team members for tax questions and opportunities. This team will be in constant communication and discussion with clients in regards to tax savings opportunities and tax law changes.
What To Expect
- Tax preparation and filing for CWM clients and Carson Group Partners needing tax prep service for clients.
- Tax return reviews for all clients to help identify planning opportunities and setup tax assumptions within financial planning software.
- Available as a subject matter expert for Carson Group Partners on tax planning and potential tax law changes.
- Educate advisors on updates to tax code/regulations during morning calls and webinars when applicable.
- Oversight & review of other tax preparers' returns.
- Establish and monitor the processes/procedures for the tax team, advisors, and clients.
- Assist Advanced Solutions Team with tax planning services.
- Complete mandated training, assessments, performance goals, and continuing education requirements.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
What You Need
- Strong technical skills in all aspects of tax planning
- Experience with Lacerte or other tax filing software
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Superior client service skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar field of study.
- 10+ years of tax planning experience
- CPA designation required
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a base salary, bonus potential, 401(k) plus matching, health benefits, and a great working environment. This is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, innovative, and focused on healthy living. Carson strives to promote the health and wellness of its stakeholders by maintaining a tobacco-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Director of Tax Planning
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly