Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner (Hybrid working home & London HQ)
We are a Connectivity and Cloud Service Provider on an exciting growth journey. We operate the UK’s most advanced fully software-defined network, harnessing innovation, automation and simplicity to provide outstanding services to our partners. At Virtual1 we put our people first so they can push industry boundaries and deliver tomorrow today for our customers. Our people are the lifeblood of our organisation, they have a passion for what they do and are bold innovators. We have consistently been voted a Best Small Company to work for and in 2020 were voted #41 Best Small Company in London to work for.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Qualified Finance Professional to join our successful year on year growth organisation (FY2020 £43M t/o) as a Finance Business Partner. In this role you be making a significant contribution within the finance department and for the business in the following ways -
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly Consolidated Management Accounts for the Virtual1 Group, including subsidiaries in Sweden and North Macedonia
- Using our FP&A Software Vena, maintain the Virtual1 Group 5 year financial plan, including budgeting, rolling and quarterly forecasting, for review by the FC/CFO
- Work with the commercial team to continually enhance the re-forecasting process for revenue and gross profit across our diverse product set.
- Partner with budget holders within the business to develop monthly communication and reporting lines to identify and understand variances against budget
We feel this Finance Business Partner role would likely appeal to a newly qualified professional that has management accounting experience who now wants to gain experience in Financial Planning and Analysis. In this role you have day to day ownership of the financial model for a large turnover organisation and will be focused on closely partnering across the organisation to drive continuous and demonstrable improvement in our forecasting ability. This role is 50% MACCs and 50% FP&A and will work closely with the FC and CFO and alongside a wider finance team to include a Financial Accountant.
- 25 days holiday, 2 days for volunteering, 1 day on your birthday
- Additional Purchase of Annual Leave
- Pension (up to 5% match)
- Season loan ticket
- Gym membership & Active Rewards
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Private healthcare & insurance with Vitality
- Payroll Giving Scheme
- Refer a Friend
- Free eye care vouchers
- Frequent team social events
- Office Fuel (free healthy snacks & drinks, Nutribullets for team smoothie making)
- Long Service Rewards – extra days leave & £1000
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to our new online Mental Health Gym
Some key responsibilities of Finance Business Partner
- With input form respective budget holders, prepare 1st draft of annual budget plus monthly update of rolling reforecasts using Vena.
- Working with external parties, support the continuous development of the Vena forecasting suite.
- Liaise with budget holders and Heads of Department on a monthly basis. In providing more detailed insight into actuals vs budget variances you will be able to support and suggest improvements across the budgeting process.
- Oversee month end close for the V1 group
- Prepare month end board pack for review by the FC and CFO
- Review general ledger for obvious errors
- Prepare monthly deferred revenue schedule
- Working closely with the Senior Accountant in North Macedonia, perform normalised revenue and gross profit review
What we are looking for in a Finance Business Partner
- 3+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced accounting function
- 1+ years’ experience working as a Management Accountant
- Has previously prepared management accounts
- Has undertaken monthly variance analysis and can demonstrate how they have supported the annual budget process.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal / written).
- Strong influence and persuasion; can demonstrate previous experience influencing senior management.
- Capable of managing a high workload with ever-changing priorities
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Highly Desirable for the Finance Business Partner
- Experienced using NetSuite and Salesforce
- Experience using FP&A software
- Has prepared mutli-currency consolidated management accounts
- Worked within a recurring revenue business, preferably in telecoms
So, if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you and you’d like to become our Finance Business Partner then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Virtual1 is committed to equality of opportunities for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or beliefs and marriage, and civil partnerships