VP for Finance and CFO
The National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME) is seeking a dynamic financial professional to serve as Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer. As part of the Executive Leadership Team, the VP for Finance/CFO is primarily responsible for planning, monitoring and management of the financial resources and is a key leader across the organization, responsible for setting strategic direction and priorities and for interacting with and influencing all members of the organization including the Board of Directors. This position reports to the President & CEO and facilitates the Finance and Audit Committees. This role can be based in either of our office locations: Chicago (O'Hare) Illinois or Conshohocken (Philadelphia suburb) PA.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Ensure accurate, consistent and timely compliance recording and reporting of all financial interests (accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger entries, government compliance, audit responsibilities) of the organization by utilizing internal controls, policies and procedures.
• Oversee budget process, incorporating information from all departments, and produce and share monthly budget reports for VPs and/or designated departmental budget managers.
• Monitor investment and cash management accounts and work to maximize return on investments and resources while operating within government regulations.
• Participate in business and strategic planning including developing key performance indicators, analyzing proposed contracts and vendor agreements, producing business plans and coordinating financial reporting capabilities with IT.
• Work directly with Secretary/Treasurer, President/CEO, and Chairs of the Finance, Audit, and Executive Compensation Committees to ensure productive and efficient meetings of the committees and effective communication of finance-related information to the Board.
• Supervise the Department of Finance staff by supporting, training, and providing ongoing performance feedback.
• Serve as a member of the NBOME Leadership team participating in regular meetings as well as attending the quarterly meetings of the Board of Directors, and other committee meetings as requested.
• Bachelor's degree along with CPA required; MBA preferred
• Minimum 8 years progressive financial reporting and oversight experience
• Outstanding written/oral communication and organizational skills
• Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) ; Sage Intaact a plus
The NBOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer and eVerify participant. Please submit curriculum vitae and letter of interest summarizing your qualifications to Human Resources: HRadmin@nbome.org.