The Chief Financial Officer ("CFO") is responsible for the administrative, financial, human resources, corporate legal matters, and risk management operations of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, investor relations, financial reporting, budget/forecast management, and tracking relevant KPIs, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
This person will be a key member of the executive team that will help define company strategy and manage significant growth. The CFO will work hand-in-hand with the CEO and other key executives while also building and managing the finance and accounting teams.
This person must thrive on working cross-functionally across many departments including sales, marketing, operations, product/technology and legal. The ideal candidate has experience building accounting and finance teams and can manage complex forecasting, creating accounting policies and procedures. Responsibilities:
- Own all company finance, accounting and HR functions including: operating budget, forecasting, investor relations, compliance, annual financial audit, federal and state tax, and treasury management
- Build systems for proper accounting and finance operations such as approval workflows, quality control of accounting process, and team training.
- Develop and report performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team (sales, marketing, operations, product/technology, credit/risk)
- Lead future capital raise initiatives including both equity and debt (debt for lending operations)
- Oversee employee benefit plans
- Monitor all open, corporate legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry; ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Report financial results to the Board of Directors
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for corporation and facilities
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts; arrange for debt and equity financing; invest funds
- Bachelor's degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred.
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- CPA a plus but not required
- Prior experience as a CFO in a fast-growing, fintech company
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or prior experience as an advisor to or executive at a growth/expansion-stage company
- Capital markets experience in equity funding for and early stage company (series A-D) and structured debt facilities for lending operations
- Advanced Excel proficiency. 10+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
- Strong communication and presentation skills; must have firsthand knowledge and experience with Private Equity and investor relations
- Great leadership presence with strong relationship and influencing skills
- Displays resilience when making challenging decisions and understanding the risks, especially in a growth/expansion stage environment
- Comfortable putting in place organizational structure and has a point of view on how to develop a finance and accounting organization.