Junior Accountant (UK & Ireland Market - English Speaker)
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a global provider of modern business services in the area of accounting and taxes, human resources and payroll, as well as corporate secretariat management.
We employ nearly 9,000 qualified specialists in 125 offices located in 83 countries. We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the European TMF Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
Currently we are searching for a Junior Accountant to support our UK&I Accounting team from our hub in Katowice. If you like to work with figures and numbers and you are proactive about your own learning, we are happy to support you to kick off your international career with us!
Supports their team in the provision of a high-quality client service, producing service deliverables for a portfolio of clients, including the preparation of data, book-keeping and relatively less complex accounting processes. Responsible for delivering specified deliverables to clients in accordance with internal and external deadlines. All these under review and supervision of the Client Account Manager.
- Maintains proper filing and documentation of all relevant documentation pertaining to assigned clients
- Collect appropriate data from clients and input into database as required
- Performs book keeping tasks, bank reconciliations, prepare VAT returns, monthly and quarterly management reports
- Assists with the preparation of statutory financial statements and corporation tax returns
- Assists with high volume transactional tasks (such as invoicing and payments)
- Meets the statutory and corporate deadlines in respect of each client. Files approved VAT returns and CT returns electronically.
- Provide assistance during statutory or internal audits (queries and follow ups)
- Deal with clients’ queries in a timely manner
- Escalate client/work issues to Client Account Manager/Line Manager
- Post time accurately in the internal time management system keeping to relevant submission deadline
- Ensure appropriate controls, policies, processes and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Degree holder in Accountancy or business-related disciplines
- Candidate with 2 years of accounting experience is preferred
- Resourceful, independent and strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and communication skills, with strong ability to plan and organise themselves
- Analytical structured mind set with ability to follow and build upon existing processes and ensure data is maintained with accuracy and consistency
- Fluency in English is essential
Working at TMF Group offers
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing of tickets for sports activities
- Flexible working time
- Free language courses
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Charity work