Don't wait. Act.
Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals - 24,400 in Mazars' integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance - to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars in Australia was recently recognised as the Multi-Service Firm of the Year as part of the AccountantsDaily 2021 Australian Accounting Awards, following awards for Network of the Year and Professional Development Program of the Year in 2020. You will not find a better environment to achieve your full potential.
Assurance Manager - Brisbane
The objective is to support the Partners in the management of the entire Audit team and to oversee engagements in accordance with the annual Audit plan. The Assurance Manager understands client businesses, identify ways to maximise relationships with clients and deliver value. Assurance Managers are especially valued for their ability to think ahead, to plan proactively and to deal with clients needs.
- Planning performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Engagement scoping and objective setting completed with an understanding of the tests, client, industry, risks and controls developing as preparation progresses.
- Fieldwork performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Care taken to ensure the adequacy of workpaper documentation and the appropriateness of performance tests. Evaluation of findings for relevance and for forming an opinion. Ongoing communication with clients and AIC regarding progress and results.
- Reporting performed in accordance with the Audit manual. Materials presented in a clear, logical and precise manner. Issues reported on accurately and treated according to significance (rating).
- Review of workpapers, including the ability to time manage and prioritise. The provision of review points with on-the-job training provided to address any technical knowledge gaps.
- Leading of client engagements, including planning, executing, directing and completing of financial Audits. Provision of clear instructions and directions to all levels of staff to ensure that the engagement is completed according to expectations.
- Timely and clear communication maintained with key client representatives to ensure that assurance work proceeds as planned. Responsibility for ensuring that findings are communicated as they are identified, outstanding information requests are completed, and client relationships are strengthened.
- Contribution to performance review feedback regarding on-the-job observations collected from personal experiences and the insight of the Assistant Assurance Manager.
- Assistance with monitoring of team WIP and write-offs.
- Provision of continuous feedback regarding team performance, individual performance and job progress to Partners.
- People management to include performance management, training and development of junior team members
- Demonstrated comprehensive recent work experience as an Auditor in a mid-tier or big 4 public practice firm.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Accounting principles and practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to assess the risks for clients before decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team, provide feedback, share knowledge and provide support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult with peers.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously.
- Ability to view engagements holistically.
- Ability to apply professional skepticism to all scenarios.
Why join us
You don't join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us - forging valuable relationships and networks that will advance your career and provide long-lasting friendships.
We believe that Mazarians should be rewarded for the work that they do and so we offer a range of financial and non-financial benefits to support and reward our people. At our Brisbane location you can expect the following:
- International and domestic mobility opportunities
- Inner city location
- Wellbeing program
- Flu vaccinations
- Learning and development programs
- Social club activities charity and community events
- Study assistance to achieve CA/CPA qualifications (financial support & study leave)
- Social club activities and vibrant culture
- A diverse and inclusive team environment
- Flexible working
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Discounts on • banking & insurance • health insurance• retail and entertainment• health and well-being
- Casual dress code
At Mazars we nurture an inclusive environment and encompass diversity in all forms. All applicants will receive consideration for employment irrespective of their background, experience, identity, age, gender or ability.
All applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa with full working rights. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY tab or visit our Careers Website https://www.mazars.com.au/Home/Join-us