Accounting Analyst, IWP Family Office
Do you enjoy preparing your own taxes? Are you overly organized with your personal finances, including budgeting, bill pay, and portfolio management? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven work environment? IWP Family Office is looking for an Accounting professional with these qualities who is interested in joining our growing firm.
The Accounting Analyst is an integral part of our independent multi-family office, working side by side with internal team members, client vendors, and outside legal, financial, and tax professionals. This role is primarily responsible for tracking and analyzing large amounts of financial data, executing AP/AR/Payroll, and reporting on a variety of bank and brokerage accounts and complex financial investments to fulfill monthly, quarterly, and annual tax-related deadlines.
SALARY AND GENERAL INFORMATION:
• Full time position.
• Computer equipment is provided.
• Job is located in Denver, CO 80206.
• Compensation commensurate with experience.
• Competitive benefits package, including health insurance and Simple IRA.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related course of study.
• Strong bookkeeping skills, including (but not limited to): consistent monthly data entry and account reconciliation, categorization accuracy, and detailed documentation.
• 1+ years current experience with QuickBooks Online and associated apps (Bill.com, MoneyThumb Slick Connect, etc)
• Strong grasp on what CPAs require to calculate quarterly estimated payments and complete timely and accurate tax returns on behalf of clients.
• Intermediate understanding of partnership accounting, book vs. tax, and estate planning mechanisms.
• AR/AP experience for individuals/families and for entities (LLCs, trusts, etc.). This includes establishing and closing accounts with vendors as well as troubleshooting and follow up.
• Strong grasp on managing individual/family finances including budgeting, bill. pay, loan/investment mechanics, cash flow, etc.
• Basic understanding of payroll (household employees, entity payroll, and general contractors) including various tax filings and requirements.
• Clear, concise, and courteous communications skills, both verbally and written.
• Analytical, detail oriented, organized, and diligent with follow-up.
• An innate drive to learn and harness accounting and financial reporting software.
• Excellent time management skills in a high volume, fast paced, deadline-driven work environment.
• Proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed with a strong sense of urgency.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Mac based hardware/software.
• Must be comfortable utilizing and searching within databases and the Internet.
• Perform daily tasks that include but are not limited to: data entry, record keeping, and client/client team/third party follow up.
• Maintain entries into Quickbooks Online and our performance reporting software, reflecting appropriate categorization of details as well as documenting pertinent backup.
• Generate monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc P&L, Balance Sheet, and miscellaneous reports for individuals and entities.
• Manage client bill pay requests, utilizing Bill.com to ensure timely and accurate payments.
• Establish new bill pay accounts, including auto payment set up and monitoring activity for error mitigation.
• Bank account reconciliation, including statement retrieval and preservation of the filing cabinet integrity.
• Enter and track changes to client net worth statements, utilizing reporting software.
• Analyze large amounts of data while verifying accuracy, correcting as necessary, and purging files to eliminate duplication.
• Assist in client meeting preparation and follow-up by issuing reports and ensuring relevant tasks are completed.
• Perform complex cash flow and financial planning analyses.
• Coordinate with third parties including: vendors, bank representatives, accountants, etc.
• Manage payroll for client's household employees, entity employees, and independent contractors.
• Prepare and distribute 1099, 1098, 1096 and other related tax forms.
• Complete special projects as requested.
WHY JOIN THIS COMPANY?
Our team is comprised of professionals of the highest caliber who strive to simplify all financial aspects of the world around them. We get to work with clients from a wide variety of backgrounds and take pride in providing clarity in the face of chaos and confusion. We commit to being strategic, creative, diligent, and professional. Through collaborative perseverance we invest in growth of our clients, our colleagues, and our firm.
Apply for Accounting Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly