Tax Manager / Planner / CPA
Our services, approach, and culture
Tobias Financial Advisors, established in 1980, provides team-oriented, fee-only, comprehensive, and personalized wealth management services to a select group of clients. We are a growing firm that maintains a close relationship with our clients due to our strong belief and commitment to providing the time necessary to truly help our clients accomplish their goals. Our vision is to inspire, educate and prepare our clients so they can live the lives they want. We accomplish this by listening to and understanding the needs of each client, followed by fulfilling those needs with uniquely devised strategies, plans, and solutions. We are strong advocates that the “assembly line”, commission based, investment approach lacks the tailored strategies needed to accomplish every client’s unique goals.
Tax Manager / Planner
Tobias Financial Advisors (TFA) has a Tax Manager position opening. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver a full range of personal income tax services for high net worth individuals and trusts. You will work closely with the Wealth Management and Financial Planning team, and will interact with clients to develop and provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise. Additionally, you will be the primary point of contact and manage our relationships with partner accounting firms in the preparation, review, and delivery of tax compliance services to TFA clients.
What you will get to do
- Lead the tax planning and compliance services offered to Wealth Management clients.
- Oversee our relationship with local and national accounting firms, including the coordination of tax compliance timeline, deliverables, workflow, and logistics. No tax preparation is done in-house.
- Analyze and provide final review of tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts and foundations, ensuring compliance with appropriate state and federal tax jurisdictions.
- Develop working relationships with clients to enhance the client experience, and provide general tax guidance and support to the Wealth Management team in the delivery of financial planning services.
- Respond to client inquiries on tax matters and attend client meetings as needed.
- Prepare tax physicals and preliminary analysis for existing and/or prospective clients.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all firm client tax matters and conduct research as needed.
- Develop tax plans and projections, including scenario analysis, and work with the wealth management team and/or other professionals to implement planning strategies.
- Manage internal TFA tax compliance and planning processes, providing relevant guidance and oversight to operations, technology, client service, and administrative support.
- Respond to and support inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities.
What we seek in a candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and CPA required; Master’s in taxation, JD, or CFP® certification a plus
- More than five (5) years experience with complicated individual income tax return compliance required; estate, gift, trust, and partnership experience also required
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Office, Excel, Adobe Acrobat) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software systems (Salesforce, NetDocuments, etc.) and tax research tools (RIA Checkpoint)
- Experience with Lacerte Tax, Lacerte Tax Planner, BNA Income Tax Planner, and Ultra Tax preferred
- Strong research skills and knowledge in tax related areas and understanding of the workings of the Internal Revenue Code, regulations, and other tax pronouncements
- Able to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time sensitive basis
- Excellent oral communication skills, with an ability to interact with a tight-knit team of firm professionals
- Highly motivated with ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with continued growth and development
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and ethical standards
- Commitment to team culture, development, and professional growth
- Competitive salary plus incentive pay, based on education, experience, and skills
- Professional association membership dues
- Tuition and professional certification expense reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package including fully paid for medical benefits, unlimited personal time off, company 401(k) and profit sharing plan, etc.
*Applicants must be able to pass a background check.
*Only local candidates or candidates open to relocation will be considered.