We’re looking for an experienced CPA to join our team of professionals providing personalized support and financial services to growing small businesses and successful individuals throughout Western North Carolina. Candidates should have at least 5 years of public experience preparing and reviewing individual, LLC and corporate (both C and S corps) returns.
Must enjoy working in a team environment, and a good sense of humor is appreciated. Dress code is business casual, comfortable office with plenty of workspace, free parking, Friday afternoon flex time after tax season ends.
We guide our clients through complex financial events so candidates must be personable, well organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and be comfortable speaking with clients. Our firm is licensed to provide a full range of business and personal investment solutions - including succession, estate, and retirement planning - so that candidates interested in growing both their tax and financial planning credentials will have ample opportunities here, all within one firm.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or MBA degree
- 5+ years of tax experience required
- Strong current technical knowledge and skillset
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to research tax issues and correspond with tax authorities
- Strong project management and multiple engagement skills
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high-quality tax service and advice
- Participate in and contribute to marketing and business development activities external to the firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Tech savvy, keeps up with current law changes, familiar with working in the Cloud and a paperless environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks
- Knowledge of tax software such as Ultra Tax
- Must hold a current CPA license
Job Type: Full-time
Overtime during tax season does not exceed 12 hours/week which can be done in the office or remotely from home.
To apply: Send a letter of application and resume to email@example.com
Carol L. King & Associates is a CPA firm that believes in abundance. We have provided professional accounting and tax services to individuals, families and small businesses for 30 years. During that time we have gained the trust and respect of the citizens of this community. We work as a team to help guide small entrepreneurs and individuals down the path to financial success.
Taxes are our business. We are a paperless company that stays current through continuing education, cutting-edge technology and a computerized tax research system that is constantly updated. We also provide financial advice to help our clients build wealth.
Our company offers insurance to full-time permanent employees, 2 weeks vacation, 7 paid holidays, 5 personal days, 401K as well as additional benefits.