My client is a international company with a NZ & Australian subsidiary with the MD for both countries based here in NZ. The business requires a strong Company Accountant to join the business here in NZ but will need to travel to Australia, a couple of times a year, covid willing. The business operates in the light manufacturing / wholesale space and has approximately 20 staff.
The role of Company Accountant will report to the MD and need to take ownership of the finance function for both countries. You will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for both the NZ & Australian business's and report to global
- Prepare weekly sales reporting to global
- Oversee the administration/clerical function to ensure payables and receivables are managed accordingly.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Tax compliance
- Manage foreign currency and reporting
- Assist the sales team on forecasting
- Business partner the MD providing financial insights & support for the business.
Skills & Experience
My client is looking ideally for a qualified Accountant who is hands on, mature and take ownership of the finance function. You will be down to earth, practical and have a sense of humour. You also need to have strong excel skills and ability to provide commercial insights.
Culture & Benefits
The company despite being global has a family feel where you really can make a difference. You will definitely need to be a self starter, be strong on technology & be able to be a super user of IT. You will be happy to turn the lights out at night and really be that person who is integral to making the office tick.
How to apply
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander or Ellie Dean in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011859803