My client is the NZ subsidiary of an Australian listed entity. The business is circa $50-55M and operates in the industrial manufacturing sector. This company has two distinct operating entities; once niche based on the Shore and one larger entity based in East Tamaki where this role will be based. The business is going through change currently with a new GM based in Australia who is making his mark. This is an opportunity for the person coming into this role, to make this their own.
The role of Financial Controller will report directly to the NZ GM. Your role will be to support the GM to ensure the profitability of the business is optimised and strategic opportunities are developed and actioned. You will also take ownership of the integrity of the general ledger, statutory reporting and financial statement preparation. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly Financial Statements and analysis thereon.
- Optimise business profitability through analysis of margin, mix of product sales, expense analysis and NPD
- Identify opportunities for profit improvement through detailed analysis above
- Ensure accurate factory costing and therefore pricing is maintained
- Regular communication with operational staff to ensure operations are maximised
- Budgeting & Forecasting (weekly)
- Business planning
- Development of capital expenditure proposals
- Liaise / negotiate specific agreements, tenders or quotes with suppliers
- Provide useful and timely reporting on sales, labour and productivity of the factories
- Ensure stock is controlled and managed effectively
- Ensure job costing is accurate and reflects commerciality.
- Oversee financial stewardship, controls and business processes.
- Preparation of statutory accounts and managing the audit process
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for a CA or equivalent qualified Accountant. You will be able to demonstrate a strong Financial Controls & stewardship background but have also have strong commercial skills. It is essential you have proven manufacturing experience and can demonstrate the ability to understand operations, be hands on but also have the strategic thinking ability. You must understand how a business ticks in manufacturing and have strong influencing and wider business skills as you will be looking to take the business through change management.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Megan Alexander or Ellie Dean in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011782008