* Bring your data analysis, accounting skills and analytical mind to excel in this role
* Palmerston North location
Ko wai mātou | About us
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation's performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. Waka Kotahi has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years time.
The Corporate Support group provides critical checks and balances to the Transport Agency's decisions and services - to ensure plans and investments represent best value for money.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
As Assistant Accountant working closely with our Team Leader Revenue Reporting and Analysis, you will have the opportunity to display and further develop your accounting skills. You will perform a wide range of financial activities in order to maintain the integrity of the revenue financial ledgers and reporting.
This is a busy and complex role where your logical and organised approach will be key; it includes assisting in maintaining internal process verification and improvements, reviewing transactions, mentoring staff and providing high level support to financial systems' users. Ko koe tēnei | About you
We are looking for a hardworking, proactive problem solver who enjoys working effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines and manage workloads. This role will definitely keep you on your toes! In return, you'll be part of a friendly and collegial team where your contribution is valued.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
* A relevant tertiary qualification (Finance / Business / Accounting) is highly desirable, or extensive experience in a similar role
* Working knowledge of accounting systems and processes, including general ledger management and reconciliations
* Experience working with high volumes of transactions, including data manipulation
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to translate financial information into plain English
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Experience with SAP is desirable, however not essential.
Rā Katinga | Applications close : Thursday, 17 June 2021
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Waka Kotahi is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications as we may withdraw the advertising at any time