- Diverse range of audit work across commodities in various areas of Australia
- Professional development
- Work with a highly skilled team
The role of the Auditor is to undertake audits across commodities and functions against the relevant criteria, to build strong industry compliance.
The role will work within the parameters of the Auditor Management
Framework (AMF) with the possibility of overseas, interstate or intrastate travel. All audit competencies and other training requirements will need to be maintained.Under general direction, the Auditor will:
- lead and/or conduct audits, assessing risk against relevant legislation, criteria and guidelines
- ensure accurate and timely record keeping is maintained to meet guidelines and client service standards
- work as part of a team and support staff in learning and development opportunities to improve audit skills
- communicate, liaise, negotiate with and respond to internal and external stakeholders and clients, including government agencies and industry parties, to achieve desired outcomes
- build and maintain productive working relationships within the department, with clients and across industry
- commit to and lead business improvement initiatives, demonstrating a positive attitude towards change
- contribute to team culture by displaying professionalism, integrity and respect whilst being innovative and sharing your knowledge.
For more information on the day in the life of a departmental Auditor, please see our website.
Flexible employment arrangements are available with the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment.
Please note that this recruitment process will be filled to fill multiple vacancies in Brisbane, Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Perth and Sydney. The merit pool established through this selection process, which is valid
for a period of twelve months from the date the vacancy was advertised, may also be used to fill future ongoing vacancies where the duties are of a similar nature.
Job Applications should be made by clicking Apply and you will be taken to the AWE career site.
Closing Date: 29/05/2020