- Meritocratic environment allowing you to achieve your desires and aspirations
- Excellent mentorship - bi-annual review and external training seminars
- Broad client base
ESV is a mid tier, nine partner business advisory and accountancy firm located in the Sydney CBD. We pride ourselves on our 'small firm personality, big firm capability' - meaning we are big enough to challenge you with interesting and diverse clients, but small enough to help you grow and reach your individual goals. We target businesses (privately held, Australian operations of offshore companies and institutions) actively growing and such is our impact with our clientele, we boast an even split of advisory and compliance revenue.
We have a young staff demographic and the Partners understand the need to keep such a young base motivated and engaged. Our progression model is merit based and competency matrixes are published, providing staff clear milestones to achieve promotions. Moreover, we provide two formal reviews annually, in addition feedback on completion of client work. With these measures, staff will be supported to achieve their career objectives. The firm provides year-round training, where we hone your technical and soft skills.
The division and team:
The audit team is led by well-experienced Partners, supporting these Partners is a sizeable team of Directors and Managers. The divisions client base includes participants in the following industries financial services, manufacturing, renewables, property and NFPs, to name a few. The team use APS, Excel and Caseware software packages.
We seek an External Audit Senior Advisor (3+ years experience and completing or completed CA) to take a leading role for a portfolio of audit engagements. The opportunity will allow you to collaboratively with the Partners, Directors or Managers, subject to engagement size. Furthermore, you will review aspects of work performed by subordinates. Role responsibilities, include:
- Audit planning, including systems documentation, analysis of internal control systems, generation of overall audit plan and program detailing the nature, timing and extent of audit procedures
- Take the lead role on audits to ensure audit engagements are successful
- Complete audit testing based on the audit plan
- Identify solutions to improve client's systems and performance
- Supervise, coach and review the work of junior team members, providing feedback to assist in their development
- Prepare general and special purpose financial reports
- Draft management letters and audit completion reports
- Ensure work is completed within budget and on time
- Generous study support for CA modules
- Genuine career development opportunities and transparent processes for advancement
- A supportive social and professional work environment
- Reward and recognition programs
- Work life balance encouraged through the social club, monthly drinks, team building activities, EOFY party, Melbourne Cup function, all day Christmas party.
We prefer to hear from you directly.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of ESV and its ongoing success, if you have any questions please contact Adam Emery firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9275 0119.