Sr. Financial Analyst
Who we are: The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is the trade association representing the $422 billion U.S. consumer technology industry, which supports more than 18 million U.S. jobs. CTA has more than 1400 members which range from large, global technology brands to small, innovative start-ups as well as numerous suppliers, partners and vendors to the industry. CTA members determine tech standards, shape the industry’s stance on policy issues, and work together to create a world that is better because of technology.
CES® is the most influential tech event in the world – the proving ground for breakthrough technologies and global innovators. This is an opportunity to join the team responsible to creating this exciting event. If you love technology, CTA give you a front row seat for the world’s best tech breakthroughs.
Summary of the position: Analyze the organization's financial data and complete processing transactions. Performs financial reporting duties for large operational budget.
Critical duties and responsibilities:
- Manage CTA’s large annual operational and capital budgets and budget process.
- Assist department heads and senior staff on financial reporting and budget process.
- Assist leadership and staff with budget responsibility, budget management and compliance.
- Prepare P&L analysis, financial forecasts and financial statements for the Vice President, Finance, CEO, COO/CFO and Executive staff, Board and Audit Committee.
- Support financial reporting for the CTA Foundation to include preparing annual budget and forecast, board materials, and other ad hoc analysis.
- Support Month-End and Year-End close, including assistance with the annual financial audit.
- Prepare monthly investment schedules.
- Assist with CES on-site financial operations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; etc.
- Implement and integrate current and future financial reporting, budgeting and decision support systems.
- Manage, develop and coach financial analytics team.
- Perform other duties as required to meet goals of department and Association.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ Accounting or Finance experience
- Experience developing and managing large budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required; Advanced degree preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong accounting and Excel skills
- Database experience with the ability to leverage and optimize technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential compensation information
Budget and Staff:
- Management of a Financial Analyst
- Travel to Las Vegas for CES is necessary
CTA Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)® to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with any and all relevant federal, state and local employment discrimination laws. This commitment supports our policy of developing and utilizing the abilities of all our employees, as well as selecting and promoting those who are best qualified.
CTA conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and equal opportunity. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.